HomeFamilies and IndividualsPregnancy Support
The primary focus of the Pregnancy and Parenting Support Program is to assist pregnant and newly parenting women, the fathers of the babies, their families and significant others in creating a plan for the unborn child and addressing the pertinent issues integral to making the plan work. We support new mothers and significant others in locating sought after resources, creating new opportunities, and forming positive environments for themselves through careful assessments and evaluations. New parents and their families will receive professional, ongoing assistance and planning before and after delivery as requested or needed.
If you choose to parent (or are already parenting), we offer:
- Parenting and Life Skills education
- Parent support groups
- Baby and child items (as available)
- Counseling around self-care, support relationships, and goal-setting.
If you choose adoption, we offer:
We look forward to talking with you and assisting you with the specific needs you may have. Please feel free to contact our program staff (listed on the right)
- Choose between open and closed adoption planning
- Choose a family from our list of carefully screened, approved, and loving adoptive families
- Meet the family you have chosen to place your child with
- Pre and Post Adoption Counseling
- If you choose Open adoption:
- Maintain ongoing contact with your child
- Receive letters and pictures
For up to date program information and events, please check our Facebook and Twitter pages frequently, as they are updated on a weekly basis.
Other services provided in King County and north include:
- Birth-parent options and other decision making assistance
- Counseling for teenagers, high-risk or trauma pregnancies
- Adoption planning
- Pregnancy and childbirth education classes
- Parenting classes and Life Skills education
- Mother-to-Mother mentorship project: a pregnant or parenting woman is matched with a peer mentor who will spend time with her on a regular basis
- Support group: a monthly gathering of pregnant and parenting women to socialize, share experiences, learn parenting skills, and support each other
- Assistance with practical chores: a partnership with parish-based volunteers who provide supportive assistance with daily practical tasks to pregnant women and their families before and after delivery. The volunteers are present to women in a variety of supportive ways.
- Resource referral
- Material support (children’s clothes, diapers, wipes, and other items as available)
Becoming A Mom Prenatal Classes
Every Monday 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. (Spanish)
Every Tuesday 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. (English)
Conducted at our program office located at: 4250 South Mead Street, Seattle 98118.
This is a class that prepares a woman to become the best mom she can be. It answers a wide variety of questions relating to pregnancy, birth and becoming a mother.
For more information and to register, please call 206-445-5669.
Make Parenting a Pleasure Classes
Please join us for our Make Parenting a Pleasure series for families dealing with high levels of stress.
Please join us for our free 12-week “Make Parenting a Pleasure” series. This class focuses on positive parenting skills and covers topics such as taking care of yourself, dealing with stress, discipline that works, solving difficult issues like tantrums and biting and much more! Classes available "en Español" on Mondays and in English on Tuesdays from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Call 206-445-5669 to register!
Winter Series: Begins 12/11/12 and goes through 03/05/13
Spring Series: Begins 03/12/13 and goes through 06/04/13
Classes are held every Tuesday from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. at our program office, 4250 South Mead St., Seattle, WA 98118.
Pregnancy and Parenting Support Group
Talk with a trained prenatal and parenting educator about pregnancy, postpartum, parenting and mental health-related issues. Meet other parents and get the support and guidance you need. No registration necessary!
Group is held every Thursday from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. at our program office: 4250 South Mead St., Seattle, WA 98118.