Reach Out Homeless Winter Shelter Programs provides shelter, daily meals and case management services to homeless adults in South King County. The program is operated during the winter months (November through March) and relies on partnerships with area congregations, community organizations, businesses, and public and private contributors, as well as many caring individuals and families. The program’s goal is to serve those in need by providing support to assist them in achieving self-sufficiency, in turn strengthening our community. Each winter season, homeless men and women receive three meals a day and a safe, warm place to spend each night, thanks to the hard work and contributions of many.
We welcome your support in any way that you are able and willing to give: time and energy, resources, monetary donations and prayer.
Intake for 2013/2014 Winter Season takes place at New Hope Christian Fellowship in Federal Way (31411 6th Ave. S) on Tuesdays & Wednesdays 11am – 1:00 pm.
Reach Out Men’s Shelter is open November 3, 2014, thru March 31, 2015.
The women's shelter is open November 3, 2014, thru March 31, 2015.
For more information, please call: (253) 584-0077, ext 2.
Reach Out provides the following essential services during the Winter Shelter Season:
- Each person is screened for a history of violent or predatory behavior to ensure a safe environment at the shelter
- Overnight supervision at the host facility
- Case management support, tailored to each individual’s needs and strengths, is offered to assist in obtaining employment, housing, education, counseling, health care for medical and mental health needs
- Housing options explored for each client with the goal of stable housing
- Contact with Veterans Services
- Referrals to community resources such as Department of Social and Health Services and Social Security Administration
- Employment Assistance: job counseling, placement and referrals
- Drug and Alcohol recovery support: education and counseling groups
- Referrals to individual counseling
Click here for the Reach Out website.