The Aloha Inn is a resident-managed transitional housing program for sixty-six homeless adults and couples without children. Residents of the Aloha Inn have a chance to save money for permanent housing and get back on their feet. Each resident works fifteen hours per week in the program in exchange for room and board. Residents have a direct role in the daily operations of the program and an opportunity to participate in the governance.
The Aloha Inn provides these essential services:
- Housing Counseling: Assistance in locating and applying for low-income, permanent housing.
- Employment Assistance: Individual job counseling, resumes, computer training & education, support groups, workshops and job referrals
- Vision and Dental Care: Eye exams and glasses, and basic dental care
- Counseling: Personal Counseling with a therapist offsite
- Drug and Alcohol recovery support: Education and counseling groups and individual sessions onsite
- Computer Shop: Job oriented, individual computer skills training for residents committed to the program
- Medical Clinic: Students from the University of Washington offer a free clinic every Sunday for all Aloha residents and graduates.
1911 Aurora Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109